Here's a list of the things I had tucked into my pockets today (and the various pockets used), just to meet a friend for lunch:
- Eyeglasses (outside upper jacket pocket--up until now rarely if ever used)
- Wallet (inner jacket pocket)
- Mobile phone (inner jacket pocket)
- One broken pair of sunglasses (shirt pocket)*
- Receipt for broken sunglasses (inner jacket pocket)*
- Checkbook (to pay for return of broken glasses--don't ask--inner jacket pocket)*
- Keys (front pants pocket)
- Lip balm (front pants pocket)
- Pen (front pants pocket)
- iPod (jacket hip pocket)
- Journal (jacket hip pocket)
I still had three pockets free, including the Levi's extra mini-pocket tucked into the right pocket of my jeans.
Some have argued that I need a "man bag." And I admit to occasionally sporting a small knapsack or courier bag to carry all my extra stuff. The truth is I don't really like carrying all this stuff around but I just like to be prepared.
* Typically not part of my daily schlep, and I didn't make it to the Post Office to return them after all.