Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Great Mob Nicknames, Part 1

If I were a member of the Mob--and I assure you Uncle Moe is not (and even if he were, he wouldn't tell you)--I think my nickname would be "Pockets." I utilize every pocket I have. I believe this is why the sport coat was invented. It's for the gentleman with ... a lot of stuff to carry. The older I get, it seems the more pockets I need.

Here's a list of the things I had tucked into my pockets today (and the various pockets used), just to meet a friend for lunch:



  • Eyeglasses (outside upper jacket pocket--up until now rarely if ever used)
  • Wallet (inner jacket pocket)
  • Mobile phone (inner jacket pocket)
  • One broken pair of sunglasses (shirt pocket)*
  • Receipt for broken sunglasses (inner jacket pocket)*
  • Checkbook (to pay for return of broken glasses--don't ask--inner jacket pocket)*
  • Keys (front pants pocket)
  • Lip balm (front pants pocket)
  • Pen (front pants pocket)
  • iPod (jacket hip pocket)
  • Journal (jacket hip pocket)

I still had three pockets free, including the Levi's extra mini-pocket tucked into the right pocket of my jeans.

Some have argued that I need a "man bag." And I admit to occasionally sporting a small knapsack or courier bag to carry all my extra stuff. The truth is I don't really like carrying all this stuff around but I just like to be prepared.


* Typically not part of my daily schlep, and I didn't make it to the Post Office to return them after all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.