Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Is it Me or is Dane Cook Just Not Funny?

OK -- so I've been avoiding this latest, supposedly greatest comic to come down the pike and I decide to YouTube him. And here's the thing: he ain't funny. I didn't even smile. He's juvenile, insipid, probably has ADD, immature, hyper, repetitive, inarticulate and foul-mouthed.

Maybe I'm just getting old. Maybe ADD-challenged, pacing, screaming comics are the thing now. But for my money, give me an entertainer like Mr. Don Rickles, Myron Cohn, Mort Sahl or the great Norm Crosby.

In my day, comics didn't have to use such coarse language to make a point. And they didn't go on and on. They told a joke and that was it. "Two old ladies are on a cruise. One says, 'The food here is terrible.' The other says, 'I know. And such small portions.'"

Now that's a joke. Oy. Mr. Dane Cook could learn a thing or two. Now I need to grab my Maalox and go to bed. Oy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And here I thought I was the only one who thought Dane Cook wasn't funny! - Yeah, I know I'm a little late with this comment considering the original post date on your blog. I just couldn't resist.