Sunday, November 19, 2006

Reader's Mail, Part 2

More mail from my faithful readers who opt to skip the comments section and send me a private email.

"Dear Glick: You must think you're something."

As a matter of fact, I am something. Mostly water.

"Do you ever get writer's block?"

No, but sometimes I get writer's cramp. And one time someone bought me a New Kids on the Block CD. It also gave me a cramp.

"My name is Ajit Prestashagun. I have a very high position with the Namibian government. We have recently suffered a loss at the hands of fate. A beloved rich man has died. In order to expedite his savings and bequeath his money to his heirs I would like to transfer $42 million U.S. into your personal bank account. You need to do nothing at this point. At a later time, after the money has accumulated some interest, please to write a check to my personal name in the amount of $40 million American. Yes, you will get to keep $2 million for yourself."

My troubles appear to be over. Thank you, Mr. Prestoshotgun. And I look forward to a lucrative and rewarding relationship with you. Please forward the money immediately.

"Dear Glick: What's that smell?"

You mean it's not just me?

No comments: